Bluebell Season is officially upon us.
And is there anything more glorious than the Margaret Tarrant-esque daydream of blue woodland carpets as far as the eye can see? It’s certainly a lovely, fragile, fleeting beauty as we move through Spring.
Great Norfolk places to enjoy these natural blue ‘carpets’ include Blickling, the Norfolk Bluebell Wood Burial Park and High Ash Farm.
We also asked our Instagram community for their recommendations about the best places to enjoy Bluebells in Norfolk and these are some of their excellent suggestions:
- Wayland Wood near Watton (@collegefarm)
- The woods around Eaton Park, Norwich (@piccolacrafts)
- Buckenham Woods (@lulubellerex and @bobcam66)
- Thursford Woods (@kmw_1315 and @i_saw_this_thing)
- Foxley Wood (elainewhysallfarrow and lyndoncooke_photography)
- Pigsney’s Wood, near North Walsham (@lifeonthelane_)
- Sadler’s Wood, near North Walsham (@mickyb3112)
- Around the Sainsbury Centre and Colney Woods, Norwich (@Christa V)
Do you plan to go Bluebell spotting this Spring? Let us know where you’ve found them!