Autumn is on its way to Norfolk. If you’re ready to get out and about Enjoying Norfolk during September and October, here are some ideas:
- The International Garden Photographer of the Year exhibition until 31st October 2021 at National Trust Sheringham Park. Forty images from all over the world celebrating the world of plants, this prestigious exhibition can be viewed daily in the wonderful surroundings of the Bower garden.
- Brighton Highlife by Oliver Bedeman, 17th September to 30th October 2021. The Fairhurst Gallery’s new exhibition of Oliver’s most recent collection of work. With his portraits, Oliver transforms hints of the everyday into a dreamlike fairytale.
- Grayson Perry: The Pre-Therapy Years at the Sainsbury Centre, 19th September 2021 to 30th January 2022. A new exhibition that surveys for the first time Grayson Perry’s earliest forays into the art world, re-introducing the explosive and creative works made during his formative years between 1982 and 1994.
- Norfolk OPEN Studios, 25th September to 10th October. A great way to celebrate Norfolk’s artists and their achievements as they open their doors to the public to exhibit, sell and talk about their work. There is also Art Trails (we love a trail), events & demonstrations, and preview exhibition.
- Norfolk Heritage Open Days, 10th to 19th September 2021. An opportunity to explore heritage sites, discover hidden places not normally open to the public and learn more about cultural heritage in Norfolk. Some events are drop-in, while others require pre-booking. We love exploring Norfolk with HODs and cannot wait for this years event.
- Woodforde’s Classic Car & Automobile Show, 18th September 2021. A large display of classic cars, motorbikes and unusual vehicles. Meet their owners and see the cars up close. Enjoy a pint of Woodforde’s at their outside bar (soft drinks for drivers) and pizza by the slice too.
- Feastival at The Forum Norwich, 18th and 19th September 2021. A FREE to attend event to celebrate Norfolk’s edible heritage and local food & drink producers. This is right up our street.
- NORCON, 25th & 26th September 2021. Norfolk’s very own TV, film and comic con returns to the Norfolk Showground, for their 10th year. Tickets are now on sale, with celebrity guest stars from Harry Potter, Dr Who and Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Duration Brewing Oktoberfest, 1st & 2nd October 2021. Celebrate the end of harvest at Norfolk’s very own Bavarian Brewhouse. This limited and ticketed event costs £10 per person and includes entry, a keepsake tankard, your first pint, and a German pretzel. Fabulous!
- Norfolk HarFest, Saturday 2nd October 2021. A one-day Autumn festival to celebrate Norfolk’s harvest. We have been in previous years and it’s a great event full of music, food & drink, the wonderful Mr Mawkin’s Farm and tractors! Tickets are £6 per person with under 16’s and RNAA (Royal Norfolk Agricultural Association) members FREE.
- Apple Day, 17th October 2021. We absolutely love this day at Gressenhall Farm & Workhouse near Dereham. There’s live music, Morris Dancing, Storytelling and you can get your own apples identified. Add this to the fact you can buy apples galore and the mulled apple juice is just delicious, it’s an awesome day out for the whole family.
- St George’s Theatre Great Yarmouth. Always plenty going on with a fabulous mix of live music, comedy, drama and magic.
- Out There International Festival of Circus and Street Arts, 17th to 19th September 2021. Breathtaking, quirky and with a good dose of seaside silliness in Great Yarmouth. Free to attend, although donations are very welcome.
- Deepdale Festival, 23rd to 26th September 2021. Possibly the music festival of the Autumn! A great time of year to explore Burnham Deepdale with fabulous live music, delicious food & drink, and wonderful shopping to boot.
- Common People: Britpop’s back!, 25th September at Epic Studios Norwich. Our favourite 90s night, this time with a live performance from The Seahorse’s Chris Helme. We are also excited about the December Common People, with Louise Wener from Sleeper.
- Eric’s Beach Clean, 25th September 2021. Help keep our beautiful coastline clean while raising money for Eric’s chosen charity, St Mary’s Church, Titchwell. Donations of £10 adults and children £5: 100% of the donation goes towards St Mary’s Church. Your donation also entitles you to small cod nuggets and chips or a small margherita pizza at Eric’s in Thornham after the beach clean. Fabulous!
- UEA Live, 6th October to 17th November 2021. We always have a fabulous time at UEA Live and come away with the odd signed book too. This autumn they will be bringing together a stellar line-up of writers and change-makers from the worlds of literature, media and politics.
- Haunted Deepdale: The Wilde Ride! 22nd to 31st October 2021. An exciting outdoor spooky, enchanted theatrical happening by the Slow Theatre Company. Story telling, music and movement to describe the myths and ghosts of Norfolk. Apparently the later you come the spookier it becomes…
- Norwich Science Festival, 23rd to 30th October 2021. Science for all ages and all levels of knowledge with inspirational exhibitions, sensational shows and an abundance of hands-on science activities for the ultimate family fun. Celebrate the groundbreaking scientific research associated with our wonderful City.
- 43rd Norwich Beer Festival, 25th to 30th October 2021. We have been discovering new Ales at this beer festival for many years, plus it conveniently coincides with my birthday! Over 200 cask-conditioned real ales from around Britain, draught and bottled beers from Europe and over 70 Ciders and Perries from East Anglia. A great day out indeed.
With so much going on, there should be no stopping you now! Let’s get out there and enjoy a wonderful start to Autumn in Norfolk.
p.s. Looking specifically for Halloween ideas? Take a look at our spooky suggestions for Halloween in Norfolk.